Sunday, July 03, 2005

i made the switch

The first entry made with the new iBook.

I made the switch to Macintosh partly at the urging of my brother, partly for the practicality (I’ll probably be using this much longer than my “disposable” PCs, which I replace every year or so), and partly for the nolstalgia (the company where I had my first real job used Macintosh exclusively).

I’m having to re-learn how to use this and I find that I’m carrying a lot of PC techniques and habits that I need to find some way of carrying over to Mac use. Already, there are some PC features that I miss.

But I have to say that these are beautiful machines -- very basic and no-nonsense in design.

Most importantly, the most often-used software that I already own comes both in PC and Mac versions, which is why I wasn’t too concerned with the switch.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]